_Hannacc is a creative center that promotes cultural exchange and offer opportunities for national and international artists to develop their work in a favorable environment for the production and concentration.
We are a non-profit organization that intends to stimulate the art, culture and creativity providing housing and work space for artists from around the world working in any discipline.
From _Hannacc we organize activities to spread local art and culture, by promoting participation, organizing open studios, public presentations and exhibitions for approaching art to new audiences.
Information for the residents
- Language(s) spoken: Spanish, English, Catalan
- Duration of the residency: 1 – 2 months
- Outcome of the residency: Of each artist we expect something different which we need before beginning his period of residence, a professional project to understand which is the best we can offer. For visual artists will have open studios and exchanges with other exhibition centers, for a performance a live shows of his work, a final concert by musicians … if in any case the artist seeks only concentration in his work and does not want to present their project, also gives the opportunity to enjoy their own time.
- Visual Arts
- New Media
- Sound & Music
- Performing Arts
- Art theory
- Curatorial projects
- All in creative work that need our space and services.
- Isolation & retreat
- Accommodation information: The residence has 5 bedrooms (adaptable to double) and a 1 single room in a large country house divided into two spaces independents. There are two kitchens, where there will always be basic food like pasta, rice, pulses… There are also washing machines, heating throughout the house and a large private garden with barbecue and outdoor space ideal for exercise like yoga or relaxation.
- Studio information: There is a large studio space ideal for visual artists. There are also four spaces for writers, philosophers, musicians or for work with the computer, separate from the large studio work. In the future we conditioned a room to make sound recordings. In the nearest town is a large space with a stage to rehearse, recording a concert, a monologue, a presentation …
- Technical information: Library, paintings and basic materials for visual artists, common computer, TV and DVD, wireless internet, basic office equipment, electric piano, acoustic guitar, music player, printer and projector.
- We have a space for groups or family, with partner or children.
Paid by host:
For your work:
- Art and culture library.
- Connection with artistic and cultural organizations.
- Participation in group exhibition or event.
- Publication in virtual networks.
- Assistant to help you with your projects.
- Working spaces and facilities.
- Information about Catalan (Barcelona) art scene, exhibitions and culture.
- Printer and office material.
- Basic art materials.
For everyday life:
- Basic food (rice, pasta, pulses, …)
- Private/double bedroom (incl. towels and bedlinen).
- Fully equipped kitchen facilities.
- Car (with restricted times) and bikes.
- Pick-up service for arrivals and departures.
- Wi-Fi connection in all spaces.
- Barbecue and a beautiful garden.
- Laundry facilities.
Paid by artist:
_Hannacc is an artist run initiative and does not have direct institutional support. We can help you find external funding to different foundations or your embassies in Spain. The artist then must pay travel costs and accommodation fees. More info in A.I.R. Program.