_Hannacc is a residence and creative centre in a typical Catalan rural house in the heart of the Penedès, a land of vineyards and olive groves, 50 minutes from Barcelona, 25 minutes form Sitges and the beach on the Mediterranean sea and 45 minutes from Tarragona.
_Hannacc promotes cultural exchange and offer opportunities for national and international artists to develop their work in a favorable environment for the production and concentration.
We are a non-profit organization that intends to stimulate the art, culture and creativity providing housing and work space for artists from around the world working in any discipline.
From _Hannacc we organize activities to spread local art and culture, by promoting participation, organizing open studios, public presentations and exhibitions for approaching art to new audiences.
Information for the residents
Language(s) spoken: Spanish, English, Catalan
Duration of the residency: 1 – 2 months
- Visual Arts
- New Media
- Sound & Music
- Performing Arts
- Art theory
- Curatorial projects
- All in creative work that need our space and services.
- Isolation & retreat
Accommodation information: The residence has 5 bedrooms (adaptable to double) and a 1 single room in a large country house. The kitchen, where there will always be basic food like pasta, rice, oil… There are also washing machines and a large private garden with barbecue and outdoor space ideal for exercise like yoga or relaxation.
Studio information: There is a large studio space ideal for visual artists. There are also space for writers, philosophers, musicians or for work with the computer, separate from the large studio work.
Technical information: Library, paintings and basic materials for visual artists, common computer, TV and DVD, wireless internet, basic office equipment, electric piano, acoustic guitar, music player, printer and projector.
We have a space for groups or family, with partner or children.
We offer in the fee:
For your work:
- Art and culture library.
- Information about artistic and cultural organizations and openings.
- Participation in Open Studio, solo/group exhibition or event depending on the work of the artist and the opportunities that arise.
- Publication in virtual networks.
- Assistant to help you with your projects if you need.
- Working spaces and facilities.
- Printer and office material.
- Basic art materials.
For everyday life:
- Basic food (rice, pasta, pulses, …)
- Private/double bedroom (incl. towels and bedlinen).
- Fully equipped kitchen facilities.
- Car and bikes.
- Cleaning common places.
- Pick-up service for arrivals and departures.
- Wi-Fi connection in all spaces.
- Barbecue and a beautiful garden.
- Laundry facilities.
Paid by artist:
_Hannacc is an artist run initiative and does not have direct institutional support. We can help you find external funding to different foundations or your embassies in Spain. The artist then must pay travel costs and accommodation fees.
- Private room [ 220 € ]
- Double room [ 320 € ]
- Private room [ 730 €/month ] (if you come with a partner + 280 € whole month or + 30 € per night)
- Double room with private terrace [ 830 €/month ] (if you come with a partner + 280 € whole month or + 30 € per night)
- Private room [ 43 € ]
- Double room [ 58 € ]
- _Hannacc #ONE [ grant of 50 % ] Can request it anytime of the year. In this case, we select a maximum of 5 artists per year. You must send two letters of recommendation in your application to enter in the selection.
- _Hannacc Support [ grant of 20 % ] Can request it anytime of year. We can not guarantee this benefit to everyone.